Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Our Blog Title

I came up with the "ScreaminJohn" name at Christmas last year when we had to pick a name for the PlayStation Guitar Hero game. We actually used "Screamin'John." John was still at the stage when he would cry all the time if you put him down, so it was a reflection on my perception of him at the time. One of those memories that makes me feel like a mean mommy, but the name was just too funny to me to let go.

I recently discovered that this also happens to be the name of a rock guitarist in Louisville, KY. What a coincidence. He's on MySpace as "Screamin'John," but I for some reason I can't embed links here...

BTW, Grandpaparazzi, I need a picture of the Julie-John two-headed Guitar hero monster for this post, if you have it. I don't think we do.

3 comments:

grammie said...

thanks for the update - it is so neat to see JM growing before our eyes.....good job on doing the blog....

jessica v. said...

I've always liked the name Screamin'John. I don't think it's a negative name, it's a really great blues name (which the guy in Louisville obviously recognizes!).

Think of it as an empowering name--you know "screamin" as in "I know what I want and I am going to tell you in a positive way" not as in "I'm the screechiest person who ever existed" which is perhaps how it all got started. But hey, meanings change. And this is where I give you a really good example.

Hm. I'll come back to you on that one. I know there must be loads...can somebody help me out here?

Juliet said...

The only thing I can think of right now is the Screamin' Hot buffalo wing sauce at Zaxby's.
Which is screaming as in intense!
And thank you very much for your comments. I am glad I have one less mom-guilt item!