Friday, October 12, 2007

Feiste


John had his 15-month well baby visit yesterday. It went very well. We love Feiste!

John is still in the 3rd percentile in weight and the 50th in height. Those numbers are good with me. "He's never going to be a big eater" is one of the things Feiste said, and I have to remember that. I'll remember that when he's 15 and our food bill is larger than the mortgage!

We talked a lot about ear infections and the visit to the ENT. He said if you go to a surgeon, he's going to tell you to have surgery. And we are not ready to take that step, since he's only had two ear infections. He gave us a steroid, to reduce swelling, and a slightly larger dose of antibiotic. We're all four happy about this way to go.

John also got 4 shots. 3 immunizations and a flu shot. He hated them of course, but recovered very quickly. I really think the doctor kit practicing paid off. He still started to cry at each new step in the process, but he recovered more quickly. It's only logical, because rehearsal and preparation instill confidence!

It was wonderful to see Feiste, I missed him a lot over this past three months. I always feel a mixture of relief at being reassured from a qualified professional, and guilt at spending so much of his time being reassured! Ah, my folly is close to me all the time!

John's waking up now, talking to himself. Up in time to see the bus! Yea!

No comments: