Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The second hurdle and Twohy's and my checkup

We had screaming and leg-grabbing again today at school drop off. It was worse for me today, because there were more kids who were screaming (literally) "No, Mommy, no..." How is everyone there not weeping? It's so heart-wrenching!
I picked John up at 2pm, today was his first full day with after care. Basically from 12 to 2 he has lunch and a nap and then it's time to go. Miss Frances and Miss Gilles said he had a great time. I couldn't get him to talk much about school, but it will come when he is more used to its culture...

Twohy and I had a regular checkup with Dr. Hearn today. My blood pressure and his are good. We are on a two-week schedule now that we are counting down the last 8 weeks.
My blood glucose test was good. However, my e-antibody titer went up to 1 in 8. Hearn called the maternal fetal medicine doctor in Greenville, and I will go in for an ultrasound next Wednesday to check blood flow in the head to check Twohy for anemia. Still not at the "worry" level of 1 in 16, but it is slowly creeping up. Also, Hearn said I should start taking iron because my hemoglobin is a little low. That might help with my afternoon fatigue?

So we're all on schedule and doing fine. Until whatever the next thing is. I guess that will be Tony leaving for Louisville tomorrow morning, if you count that sort of thing. John is counting down the days until Mimi and Pa's arrival on Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - it sounds as though things are as wild and crazy as always - congrats on a basically good doctor visit.....

looking forward to leaving in the morning......

naomi and jenny r coming by tonight to bring us dinner while we load up....

hopefully thursday's drop all will be a little better.....maybe kids don't want their moms to feel bad that they are not missed.....just a guess.....mom

Jenny said...

soooo sorry you have to go thru the heart-wrenching moments...it is hard!! best to distract yourself b/c otherwise it'll make you feel worse, when there's no need too!!

set your expectations for it to take at least 2 weeks to adjust. we were told up to 1 month (by people who have been doing it for 15+ years with that age group) not to worry you, just to let you know it's completely normal for kids to need adjustment. at least -- that applies to the dropoff part...they obviously are fine shortly after you leave!

but hopefully john will prove me wrong and the rest of the week won't be too rough!

now go eat some oat and wheat bran cereal to load up on iron! :) hooray for grapenuts!

Andee said...

It'll get easier day by day. You can do it! Glad that you and the baby are doing well and hope these tests come back normal.