Friday, September 11, 2009

4th down

No, not a football post, don't you know me?
Today's drop off was the best yet. We slept kind of late, because John was up from 3-5 the night/morning before. It took about 20 minutes to wake him up and keep him from falling back to sleep. I let him eat some cheerios in bed while I was making his lunch. He loved that. He ate couple bites of breakfast sandwich in the car, and was still working on it when we got to school. We sat on the walkway outside the school entrance and watched other kids being dropped off and walked in. I think that helped. No one was crying, so that definitely helped me!
By the time he was done with the breakfast sandwich, he was ready to go in. He skipped down the hall and went straight to his room. When we got there, he cooled off a little and grabbed his Bee and Baby, but there were no tears and leg-holding, and I was able to sail out the door pretty quickly.
Yay!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW! that's major progress. hopefully it'll continue on that path. keep up the good work with him!

jessica v. said...

No kidding - if it only takes 4 tries for either of you to get used to doing a new thing, I think that's pretty darn good!