Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wed morning, 8:28am

John seems to be doing great.
Tony asleep at hotel, I'm waiting to get back into PCICU.
Last night he woke up about once and hour and the nurse and Tony calmed him back down. They took him off the ventilator, he had an oxygen cannula briefly, it's gone, I believe the catheter is gone. Off the blood pressure medicine. Vital signs good. Has been sitting up occasionally, coughing (which is good), and watched a little bit of "Cars." When I left to take Tony back to the hotel, John was sleeping with his head on his puppy, under his Bee.
I got about 5 hours of sleep last night, Tony and I both had breakfast. Tony turned off his phone, I have my phone, but I can't answer it in the PCICU. My parents will probably head over in a couple hours and then I can leave to update again.
Dr. Bradley has checked on him once this morning. He had an X-ray last night. Still has line into heart, left-hand IV, chest tube, and pacers.
Thanks again everyone. It's going very well. Hopefully he will move to 7C sometime today.

7 comments:

Christine said...

A hard day and a hard night, but hopefully today will be smooth and peaceful for all of you. We are thinking of you all. (I'm glad John has his Bee and his puppy. Sometimes it is the little things that are really comforting.)

Carley said...

Juliet!

Praise God. I am so happy that John is doing so well. I thought about you and Tony and John a lot last night and early this morning.

Seriously, please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Pick up something you need or want for a store, etc. and bring it to the hospital. Since I am there anyway most days.

I am continuing to pray. Love, Carley

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy morning! So much good news! Thanks for all the updates and the picture. We were wondering, what's on John's forehead?
Rita

Jenny said...

YAAAAY for more steady progress and good news! John is such a super little guy!

Guess this is where are the distractions come into the picture!

Hope you all get some rest throughout the day...if only we could bottle up sleep and send THAT to you!

JPP said...

Hi, Great to hear progress is being made by John, and that Tony and you are getting some food, sleep etc.

The blog is great and reflects how many people care for and love you.

We're with you!! John and Vicki

Andee said...

First chance I am getting to comment...... I'm so glad tht things are going well! This is a prayer answered, and I will continue to pray that things will go well. Thanks for updating us!

Unknown said...

So glad he's doing well. Still tearing up a little from the picture of the little guy with all of his wires and tubes.