Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home again! Can you believe it?

We can't believe that we are home already! We got home around 4pm (Saturday). Kerri's Mom brought over a delicious BBQ dinner, which has been mostly consumed already.

John is watching "Cars." Tony is resting in his room, having taken his first doses of amoxicillin and Tamiflu. He started developing flu-like symptoms yesterday midday, and his doctor agreed that we should be better safe than sorry and over-treat so as not to endanger John. Tony drove home in the CRV, and John and Mimi and Pa rode in the van. I rode half in the van and half in the CRV. I'm the liaison between the sick and the well.

We are all tired. John fell asleep around 6pm. I tried to move him, but he woke up and asked for something else to eat. Hopefully he will sleep well tonight since he hasn't taken a real nap today. It was also a good chance to dose him with tylenol.
John is doing really great, walking around, playing with his cars, and peeing on the potty. He tried to climb up the back of the futon like he always does, and it hurt a little bit. I think it surprised him. He's just testing his limits. He can only raise his arms halfway right now.

Followup with Pediatrician Feiste on Monday and Cardiologist Malpass on Tuesday. Now we guard against infection and bumping his chest, keep the incision dry for a week, and no crowds or school for two weeks. He is recovering very nicely so far!
All things considered, this whole experience has been so much better than we expected!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

No. Cannot believe it! But sure sounds like it's turning out to be the best for everyone to be back home -- easier to rest, more comfortable and familiar to John, etc.

Absolutely thrilled it has turned out so well thus far! Halellujah!

Carley said...

I am so happy for you all that you are home and that John is doing so well.

Sorry to hear that Tony has flu-like symptoms. Yuck. Hopefully he'll get well quickly.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

This is Kerri's Mom. I saw John yesterday shortly after they got home and was totally amazed. He ran, well maybe walked fast, up to me to show me the car he was playing with.

He looked fantastic! What a special little guy and great family.

Tony said...

Juliet:

I'm pretty sure Feiste is Tuesday and Malpass is Monday.

Christine said...

I'm glad you all are home and resting! I hope you all have some time to rest and heal! John looks great!

Andee said...

Wonderful news! I am amazed at what the medical professionals can do.... since John is home already! Whoo-hoo!

I wish I could send you some food or something, but we won't be back up for a while. :-(

JPP said...

Congratulations! We are all very happy for you ... JPP