Tuesday, April 28, 2009

John had a GREAT day at school ...

... yesterday, even though it was his first day back in almost three weeks! The drop-off was a little tough, but not really more than normal. I got all the kids driving cars on the "road" (a couple of strips of masking tape on the carpet), and he was having fun with that. Plus, his bee and his new stuffed dog (named "Keats, other Keats") helped him to be strong.

When I picked him up, he ran up to me and hugged me and said "I cooperated and was quiet on my mat." He was very happy and got a sucker for getting two stickers. When we left, his friends Whitley and Galen were very sad to see him go, I think Galen thought he wouldn't see John for another 3 weeks...

So that was good, I think I was a little anxious all day.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hooray for John and a good day at school! I think that I am going to congratulate Nicholas when he has a good day at school! It's only slightly different...

Juliet said...

LOL. It's probably more similar than we think... Although they are on completely different playing fields, I would say the stakes and the rules might be pretty similar!