Friday, November 15, 2013

My Seven-Day Challenge

As a result of an email discussion with Kerri and Becky, I realize that I'm neglecting my growth as a person because I'm not on a CHALLENGE. I didn't know, because I don't have Facebook. They were very gentle about telling me.

Really, if you are not doing at least five challenges right now, you should just go live in a cave behind a rock.

So here's my challenge: Seven days of seven haikus about beloved or overlooked household objects.

Day One:
Washer, you clean with
Just soap, water, and good will.
Agitate, rinse, spin.

Soft, warm flannel sheets,
You welcome us ev'ry night,
with pictures of sheep.

O, my kitchen floor.
How you miss my loving touch,
Never are you cleaned.

My keys elude me,
Every time I need them.
Are they here, or there?

Computer printer,
Needs color toner but still
The colors are wrong.

I use my charger
Every night to recharge
My cellular phone.

Zip-lock bag quand'ry:
Convenient and so useful,
But oh the landfill.


I challenge you to add your haiku to the comments section. And we will welcome you back to humanity. Because if you aren't writing a haiku right now, you suck.

4 comments:

"Sandra H., a senior foreign language editor at ProQuest" said...

An e-mail, a blog,
A neglected kitchen floor,
How you make me smile!

Christine said...

I suck.

Jeff said...

I like it!

Juliet said...

Christine: I give you special dispensation, since you are awesome in every other way!!!

Jeff: That is high praise from you! Now write a haiku. How about one about something you got on Craigslist?