Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chachaco

[Chuh-CHA-co, also has been pronounced Cha-CHACH-co]

This is the Penna contribution to Mexican cuisine. It's a hit with the kids.

Take leftover cooked chicken (from rotisserie or crock pot, leftover fajitas, whatever), chop it in the food processor then saute it with taco seasoning, chopped onions, and peppers.
Layer it on a tostada or tortilla chips with beans and cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.

Yum!

I originally made up the name because I wanted to give the kids nachos with chicken, peppers, and onions, but I didn't want to call them nachos and set up the expectation for something they already knew. What we made is actually a variation on tostadas or chalupas. But, hey, I love to think that I gave something back to Mexican food, which has given me so much over the years...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great....i will put into the food ideas for your visit....

Christine said...

Yum! I will have to try this!

Pa said...

Looks great! Have you tried it with guacamole for a topping? And margaritas??

Anonymous said...

Christopher is saying, "GET AWAY FROM MY FOOD!!!" -Tony