Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Words from the last piece of the puzzle

Well, here I am, finally having a chance to weigh in. Because you know I'm the busiest member of this new menage (NOT).
I am having a lot of trouble adjusting to how "normal" Christopher is. He eats for about 45 minutes, with lots of burping, then goes right to sleep for about 2-3 hours, then wakes up ready to eat again. That's pretty much it. I always say that I can't remember much about this stage with John, but it seems like there was a LOT more drama. Bouncing, walking, fretting, going to the doctor every day, etc.

Hearing Christopher's little baby noises, I do remember John was much more vocal, and he also did a lot of the little "squeaks" that Christopher does. I remembered that we called him "Squeaker." It's interesting how starting to get to know Christopher reminds me of how John was when he was a baby. And how big he is now!!!

Christopher has been so reliable, there is talk of Tony and I going out this weekend while my parents are still here.

I am freaked about them leaving, but we'll work it out like normal.

John is enjoying Christopher, he looks at him with lots of wonder and happiness, and gives him stuffed animals, his own Bees, his car toys, and little stuffed toys. He loves to rub his head while I am feeding him and asks lots of questions. He also says "I am very gentle with Twohy" or "with babies." Thankfully Christopher is very tolerant, or oblivious, so we don't have to rein in John too much.

We add Keats back into the mix on Thursday, Mimi and Pa leave Monday or Tuesday, and then we are left to our own new, expanded family unit.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so happy Christopher is a sleeper!! Congratulations!

jessica v. said...

Hear, hear - hooray for sleepers!

I was talking to my friend who has two daughters about how John seemed to be adjusting well to Christopher's existence, and seemed happy to have him around. And she pointed out that her problem was not having the older sister reject the new baby but "loving" her too much - e.g. hugging her too tightly, lying on top of the baby, etc.

I had never thought about the problem of too much of the good thing of brotherly affection, so I'm glad John is doing ok!