Sunday, October 18, 2009

Whirling down

It's Sunday afternoon at 4:30.

We made it to the fair yesterday, leaving at 11:30, getting there about 2pm. We walked around and saw the Oconee State Park exhibit and the midway and rides. He liked watching the big rides, and then we went to look for some that were more our speed. We started with a toddler fun house thing. You walk up some stairs, climb up a net, walk across a suspension bridge and slide down a long tube. We did that one together. Then I finally convinced him to try one on his own. He didn't love it, but he didn't cry and try to get off...
Then he rode another that he REALLY liked. Or maybe he was just flirting with his riding partner.

We walked over to the petting zoo. They also had elephant rides, which we watched but he said he didn't want to go on. He liked it when the sheep, goats, and llamas tickled his hands.

Obligatory tractors made an appearance of course.

We rode the carousel together.

I'm sorry to say that we did not see the racing pigs, although they were there. We did not eat anything deep-fried. He mostly stayed in the stroller so I didn't worry about him getting lost in the crowds. It was cloudy and cool, and we got sprinkled on a couple of times.

All the ride operators seemed to be 18- to 20-year-old foreign guys. Not sure from where. Australia, I guess, because one person was talking about how very cold it was (57 degrees).

We left about 6, I think, and got home about 8:45. It was a good day, very few meltdowns (by me or John).

Today, Sunday, I was very beat from yesterday, and wanted to get some of the house cleaned up for Tony and get the car cleaned out from our mini road trip. I did laundry and dishes, John played with toys, and then we spent an hour and a half in a mommy-pre-schooler blinking contest over cleaning up a puzzle. He finally conceded, but I helped him with the pieces. While I was waiting, I got two loads of laundry folded and put away and the upstairs vacuumed... He mostly just ran around trying to get my attention...
We didn't make it to the rock museum open house. We did sweep the driveway and he sprayed some plants and a brick wall. He also cut a lot of paper today. That's his favorite.

I have pictures of the fair. I'll post them tomorrow when I'm less tired.
Tony is on his way home now and should be here around 9pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATUALTIONS......YOU BOTH DID GREAT.....

I hope you have a slow week.

We spent the week-end planting shrubs and pansies and getting ready to paint the fort. It is planned for monday and tuesday before the rain on wed.

mom/mimi

Jenny said...

WOW! I'm impressed. I was beat from going to our state fair that was only 45 min away AND Jeff was there to help with Naomi! Your energy level and commitment to fun is admirable. :)

Glad it was a pleasant experience.

BTW, Naomi loves to cut paper too! Must be a 3-yr old thing. She especially enjoys cutting pages in old magazines.

jessica v. said...

Guess I never grew out of that phase...