Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surprise!

Tony and a bunch of our friends surprised me (and John) with a shower for Twohy today! Evidently he had been planning it for about 2 and a half months, and this was the one weekend that would work with everybody's show schedules! I think it timed out perfectly. It was just the "pick-me-up" I needed to get me through the last week and a half...
There are no pictures, but there might have been. Before we left our house this morning, I was packing everything up (we combined the trip with a photo session at JC Penney's) I thought, "maybe I should take the camera." Then "Why would I need a camera for a photo shoot?" I have to learn to obey these little compulsions...

The party was great and it's always nice to be amongst loving, caring, and fun friends! Thanks to Shannon for the idea and the hosting!
Thanks to Diane for the beautiful diaper cake. (John was fascinated with it in the car on the way home. He took pictures of us using the dog on top!)
Thanks to the Egans and the Li-Bleuels for making the drive up to Greenville from Clemson.
Thanks to Mae for being such a good helper and co-hostess to the other kids.
And thanks, I think, to Katie and Matt for the yummy real cake!

Of course, kudos to Tony, for once again proving that he is the best husband in the world for me. ('Cause you know there were so many clamoring for the job...)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hooray for this kind of fun surprise!

Way to go, Tony!

Pa said...

GO TEAM PENNA!

Christine said...

I say kudos to Tony, too!! I think that it must be super difficult to be the man part of the pregnancy. (Not that the woman part is easy.) I have a deep respect for husbands and how important their support really is!! Way to go Tony for superb planning!!