Saturday, January 3, 2009

Quick one (updated with new picture links!)

We're home again! We got home last night at about 730pm.
The car is unpacked and vacuumed (Thanks Tony).
The laundry has been sorted and started, and now we just have to sort all the other travel miscellanea into its home.
I'm feeling my traditional/annual post-Holiday letdown. Tony and John are trying to help me out of it. I was telling John I was sad because I was missing everyone. He then said "Be happy. I'm here" and gave me a hug. I'm thankful for such a sweet kid. He is having fun running around playing with his new and old toys.
Tony is hooking up the Roku (the netflix direct-to-TV player). I'm sort of puttering from one thing to another.

I hope to get some Christmas pictures posted soon, but we didn't take many, so I have to wait for pics from Pa, Aunt Jessica, and Uncle Jeff and Aunt Jenny.
Here are links to Aunt/Sis Jenny's page which have some pictures:
Post with a pic of my whole family!
Post with pics of the two cousins, John and Naomi, so cute!

We did a LOT this year:
Lots of Wii Rock band and Wii Fit, especially bowling and yoga. Sister Jessica held an octathalon of Wii.
Flying kites with Pa and Uncle Mark.
Flying Pa's little remote-control plane
Eating at my favorite Mexican food restaurants: El Fenix; El Chico; Q-doba
The inaugural Horn family 5K
Six flags
Disney's Bolt in Digital 3-D (Tony opted for "Day the Earth Stood Still")
Painting Christmas ornaments
Making a gingerbread Christmas tree
Playing at local parks and playgrounds

See why I miss them?!
It's good to be home though!

2 comments:

wirrek said...

sounds like you need a south carolina margarita!

Juliet said...

Definitely!!