Monday, January 12, 2009

More updates



John is doing great and having lots of fun. He is able and very proud to be able to put on his own pants and shirts now. He got one of his socks on by himself yesterday.

He is very interested in music now, and often bangs things and says "Mommy, I'm making music!"

His favorite movie is "Finding Nemo," and we still sometimes throw Thomas in.

He definitely tests us in deliberate ways to see how far he can go. His other challenge is that he instantly gets upset when we do something that he wants to do himself... including change his own diaper! (Sigh) It's a minefield for me and Tony, but we just remind him to ask nicely. I remind myself that someday we'll be able to go from seeing something he wants to do and asking nicely without the instant tantrum in the middle!

He spent some time in the puddle near our house on Saturday, and I finally figured out that I should buy him some boots, which I did. I'll let you know how that goes the next time we go puddle-jumping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update....wow u all r doing great in working with jm and his 2's....it must be hard to change your own dirty diaper maybe a wet one......at least your life is never dull......moom