Thursday, January 22, 2009

Deer 1, Keats 0

The extra cold weather seems to be driving the local deer a little closer to the houses in our neighborhood. Yesterday morning I saw one while John and I were eating breakfast. I tried to show it to John, but I could never figure out how to describe where it was so that he could find it 20 yards away in a thicket that is mostly the same color as the deer!

Just now, while Keats was sunning on the deck, he saw two deer and barked furiously at them. They bounded about 20 yards away from the deck and turned and looked at Keats for about 30 seconds and figured out that he couldn't chase them. Then they leisurely made their way away...
I was glad to see that, since it means they will probably back again!
I'm sure it was a blow to Keats' doggy ego, though!

2 comments:

jessica v. said...

I guess as long as no other dogs happened to be around to see it, Keats will be ok. The deer won't talk.

Juliet said...

Yes, I noticed that Keats didn't mention it in his dog-blog...