Friday, July 18, 2008

We're Home ...

... From our toddler-less week on Hilton Head Island. We had a good, if low-key, time. I was mostly battling fatigue and dizziness from anti-depressant withdrawal and Tony was working and stressing about the show. Which looked very good as always.

It was so good to see John today. I knew we would miss him, but I missed him a lot! He looked older in person than I remembered in my head, and his voice seemed deeper...

Bedtime tonight was rough. He was very tired, overstimulated from visiting his friend, and adjusting to having Mommy and Daddy back and Mimi and Pa gone. We had several small meltdowns and one big one, but we all made it through and ended as friends. As Tony and I were saying our last good nights and heading out of his room, he said "Bye, you two!"
We thought that was pretty funny.

It's good to be home, and boy, I'm very thankful we have tomorrow and Sunday to recover before getting back into the groove.

It's going to be a jam-packed year for Tony, who will be doing 16(!) shows, which means it will be a lot of Mommy-John time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry for the rough time.....r u still speaking to us....mimi

Pa said...

So, did you happen to get any requests for "I watch Bob"????
;o)

Jenny said...

did the "bye, you two" comment come from mom? i can totally here her saying that as Dad and JM would run off to play or explore.

Juliet said...

I think he got it from her and from me, because I always say "Hi you two" to him and Tony, and a book Jessica sent him, because a big wrecker truck in it always says "HEY YOU TWO" and John mimics the deep voice that Tony puts on when he's reading it, which is a totally video-worthy moment if I can catch it...