Saturday, July 26, 2008

John's Car



We indeed figured out that this is John's car. Whoever is chauffeuring him will be driving the new car...

So here it is in all its glory. It will never be as new again. It got rained on last night, and I already found a drop of sap on it... I also wanted to make sure to have pictures of the crumb-free, fur-free interior!

I haven't driven it yet. I'm afraid to, but I'm sure that will change Monday morning, when we all pile in and begin a lifetime of travel in it, complete with sweat, tears, dog fur, bagel crumbs, and all of life's other messes!





In case you can't tell, its color is "glacier blue." It looks kind of silvery in the pics.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations....nice looking car...mom

jessica v. said...

Wowwwwwwww....that's very nice! So is it new-new like just off the lot, zero miles on the clock new, or just-broken-in new?

That's so exciting! Man. I want to trade mine in for a newer model!!! Want to trade? All you'd have to do is get used to the steering wheel being on the "wrong" side...

Jenny said...

spiffy! looks uber nice!

and no worries...crumbs and fur can be vacuumed up in a jiffy to make it look new again! :) just don't allow any liquids other than water inside...

Juliet said...

Yeah, Keats fur is the extra sticky kind, and does not vacuum off... We have to use a rubber lint scraper, and that still doesn't get it all.
AND, I just learned today that seat covers interfere with the side impact air bags... So, we're back to the blankets on top routine. I'll post those pictures next: John's car IN REAL LIFE!

I think the car had 164 miles on it when we drove it off the lot.

When I drove to the auto parts store to look at seat covers (before I found out), I actually picked a couple of pieces of bark off the car... Yeah, I'm that person...

Pa said...

That's PURDY!!!