Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where we are

We made it to Hilton Head Island today. It's 8:04pm, and Tony is on his way home from the theater. John is in his pack-n-play, and I'm on the couch. Tony's assistant Amy is in bed with a cough.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile, and I do have some nice pics and videos to put up, but it may be after Easter before I can. I'll do my best.

Anyway, here are some interesting facts about John to keep you entertained until I can post the good stuff.

His favorite bath toys are the big and little dinosaurs from Aunt Jenny, Naomi, and Uncle Jeff; and the letter "O" from Grandma Judy.

His favorite stuffed friend is a small giraffe ("Raff"); we can't remember who gave it to us. Let us know if it was you! It is now tied with the B's for highest ranking love object.

His most frequent requests are for "Bob on TV" (the Bob the Builder DVDs and videos we have; which he is only allowed to watch on non-school days); and for "cheechos" (Cheerios).

What occupied him in the car coming down here: the Sesame Street alphabet bus from Grandma Judy (for almost 45 minutes!!); Bob on the portable DVD player; and a couple Thomas the train board books.

His favorite play activities are "play choo choo" or "play waywode tack" (playing with the Ikea train set (train and "railroad track"); riding on his "big horse" (a stuffed rocking horse - a mommy consignment sale $5 special - I have footage; and "draw chock" (drawing with chalk on the front porch).

He's very proficient at putting two words together now, and is starting to move up to three at a time. We are now in the phase that he repeats everything, and you can understand him, so no more bad language or gossip! He's also very good at mimicking the tone we use when we say something. My favorites are "Oh no" and "I know," which are also, evidently, things I say very often.

He sleeps with a small pillow (peepo), his 2 big blankets (twooo bees), and his aforementioned "Raff." We usually recap the day and preview the next while Mommy and/or Daddy are rubbing his back and neck at his demand, er, request.

He's a joy and a bundle of energy everyday, and I try to focus on the fun he provides, and am mostly successful!!

2 comments:

Pa said...

Terrific! Y'all are doing excellent, keep enjoying the little guy. What a great kid.

jessica v. said...

Is it wrong that after reading this and thinking, "wow, that's great, John is growing up and I'm glad Julie and Tony are doing well" my next thought was:

"Oh man, how do we a toy in the favorites list? We must find the best present ever! I will not rest until one of our contributions is in frequent circulation!!!"

But I guess if no one comes forward to claim Raff, I may just have to...