Sunday, May 8, 2011

M is for the million things she gave me ...

Before becoming one, I never thought much about how much importance other mothers would take on for me and my own family. Now that I'm a mom, all the others moms in my life are vital to my well-being and happiness.
My MIL Judy has provided me with a wonderful husband and an amazing father to children who wouldn't be here otherwise!
My friend Christine, nearer to the beginning of her life as a mom, manages to make me feel wiser than I really am.
It has been amazing to share being a mom on the exact timeline as my sister Jenny.
My BFF moms Kerri and Becky are witnessing and experiencing my own day-to-day life as a mom, encouraging me, laughing with me, and helping me, as well as saving my butt when it needs saving (often). I had no idea I would find two women with whom I would share so much in the way of carpools, food, discipline, toys, clothes, emotions, alcohol, and schedules AND that I would love it!

And my own mom has provided a template for motherhood to which I now willingly aspire, after years of kicking against "turning into my own mom." Now, I hope that I can live my own motherhood with the grace, humor, spirit, and vitality she shows everyday!

5 comments:

wirrek said...

Ahhh, but why were you up at 6:38 on mother's day?

And you save my butt (oh wait, we don't say butt - bottom) plenty too!

Juliet said...

I went to bed earlyish (11) last night and slept well, so I just popped awake at 6:30. I got back in bed at 8:30 for breakfast in bed courtesy of Tony and the boys. Well, really, just Tony.
We're off on a Mother's Day canoeing trip next. Wish us luck!!

Unknown said...

may your trip be exciting....look forward to hearing the details of your day....

thank u for your thoughts and for being a great daughter even though u r to hard on yourself sometimes...

love your mom

Christine said...

You ARE wise! Everything you have told me is true! I am learning, and I am SO glad to have you out in front letting me know what is ahead!

HenryParsons said...

Sniff, sniff...