Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday

Today is John's last day at the Growing Place and I'm a little weepy. Partly because he's had a really good time there and all the teachers have really cared about him, partly because I'm dreading making the adjustment to the new school, and partly because I'm always weepy when I'm pregnant. Plus I'm tired and I have a cold...
He'll be OK, I'll be OK. And Tony will be there for us both. Thankfully, that's how it's always worked so far!

I've been running us all ragged to get stuff done before Twohy's arrival and before I get too big to be able to move. The other day, as I was cleaning out our cable storage under the TV, Tony asked if I was nesting. I guess I am. It's a little early, but I know as time goes on I'll probably have the energy to do less and less.

I did not get the laundry all folded and put away this weekend (it's mostly clean in baskets, with some in dryer and some still in washer), but I did get a bunch of other stuff done...
I went to the Central/Clemson consignment sale, we went to Lowe's, Target, Home Depot, Academy Sports and Outdoors, Gattiland, framed pictures for Twohy's room, went through John's old baby clothes, refitted a lamp to make it shorter (to fit under the bookshelves in Twohy's room), changed the sheets, washed laundry, starting filling out paperwork to put Twohy on the waiting list for the Growing Place, started cleaning out shelves in the dog den, priced plastic storage benches, started redesigning the backyard space, started organizing the calendar for the next month, I can't remember what else. Thankfully friend Kerri fed John and I on Saturday evening and bathed John. Oh, yeah, all this while Tony was gone both days in technical rehearsals in Greenville.
This morning, Tony and I hung the pictures that John painted for Twohy's room, talked about the new map I bought for John's room, then Tony made lunches and I made a deli tray for the teachers at his school. I stopped at the bank on the way home. Now I'm about to take Keats for a walk then try to get two days worth of work-work done, as well as unload the dishwasher, straighten the kitchen and my desk. Without wasting time on folding laundry, designing our "new backyard," getting ready for the upcoming consignment sale, filling extra screw holes in the walls in Twohy's room, cleaning the Thomas train table I got at the last consignment sale (they come in clumps in fall and spring), or browsing online.

Oh, and here's a picture of the fort my dad picked up for us Frisco this weekend. (The centerpiece of our "new" backyard.)



Life is VERY full. Very.

6 comments:

jessica v. said...

Phew. I'm pooped just reading that post! All we have done over the weekend is see a movie on Friday, go to London on Sunday (will blog about that) and hung some pictures and I thought we were being super busy!

Jenny said...

wow! you have way more energy and stamina than i could even imagine!!

hope the last day and subsequent first days go well for all of you. and go ahead and be weepy -- it's a big moment.

john's gonna love the new fort. and if he doesn't, you and tony can enjoy it yourselves!

Juliet said...

Yes, I picture myself hiding up there with Kerri and margaritas when the boys take over our houses.

JTH said...

Good Lord, Julie - let something go!!!

Juliet said...

You'd think having a three year old would have taught me letting go by now... I guess I never learn.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.