Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It worked today, anyway!

John is always a little clingy when we drop him off from school. So today we tried a new technique: pushing mommy out the door. I read about it on a thread about toddlers crying at daycare. I talked to John about it yesterday at dinner, and this morning, he was getting sad as I was getting ready to leave, but I said "It's time to push Mommy out the door," and he did, and I said "Whoooaaa!" and he was laughing when I left. Yay!
Now I just have to deal with my fears that he will want to push other people...

5 comments:

jessica v. said...

Hooray! Good for you and John. I'm glad it worked!

Pa said...

Good going, Julie! At least the parents are still in control... for a little while!

Juliet said...

Well, I wouldn't say we're in control... we're just better at playing the odds than he is.
BTW, that technique has only worked one other time since!

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first

comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this

blog very often.

Kate

http://educationonline-101.com

Anonymous said...

I have used this trick twice successfully. The trick is to sound like you're falling off a cliff as the door closes. -Tony