Friday, October 3, 2008

Great Crib Gate Removal on track so far





John and Tony took the rail off together before dinner last night. John came down to get a small cup to hold the screws, he was very excited to help his Daddy with screwdrivers. They called me up when they were done and showed me how John could climb in and out. We put his new construction machine sheets on the bed, and John said he wanted to take a nap right then. About 30 seconds after that he announced "I'm awake!"

He was pretty tired by the time we got to the end of the bedtime routine, so there were no attempts to escape. He actually interrupted Tony's recitation of "The Gruffalo" and asked to get in his "big boy crib."
I was not on monitor duty this morning, but I don't think he climbed out. Since the rail goes completely from one side to the other there's still a barrier. Ironically, I have more fear that he will pinch himself or fall if he pushes on the rail than I did of him falling while trying to climb over the regular crib rail. I guess that's me just having to worry about something!
Thanks to everyone for your concern and support. The process so far has been much less dramatic than I thought it would be (of course), but we'll let you know when he starts showing up next to our bed at 3am!

No comments: