Thursday, April 10, 2008

John's Number 1!





WARNING: TMI post (too much information)

We broke out the potties last weekend. Our friend Andrew gave us a couple left over from his son's training. (His son is 4 now I think). At first, I thought, "Ewww, hand-me-down toilets." But now as I see all the training toilet options for sale out there, I realize this is one of those baby-kid things you can end up spending a fortune on just trying to find "the right one."

So we re-re-washed them and set them out. We aren't really pushing anything right now. He learns so well by watching, that I'm not worried about him "getting it."

Last week, he sat on the potty right before his bath and had his first on-toilet pee. Of course most of it went on the floor...

He hasn't been too interested in the potties lately, and I'm not ready anyway. Sometimes he asks for it, sometimes he doesn't, so we're taking it slow.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i really like the way John's hair seems to always fluff up and stick out on the back of his head (as in the second picture here, but i've noticed it in several before). so cute. and seems to say: i'm busy busy. gotta move. no time to worry about the BACK of my head. maybe it'll become his trademark. :)