Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's Wednesday! Let's go to the lake!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love where we live!

I was feeling the need to run away today. So I threw some towels and the kids' swimsuits in the back of the car and we went to the lake after I picked them up from school.

April is great this year. It's starting to warm up, but it's clear and not humid. The bugs haven't arrived yet and the pollen is starting to abate a little. Spring and fall are the best time to be outside in the South!

The kids played in the water then moved up to the playground. I sat in my folding lawn chair. Now that I keep one in my car all the time, I'm always happy to go anywhere I can just sit outside while the kids play!



3 comments:

Christine said...

I love this!

And I wish I could run away with you! I had that feeling today, too!

Anonymous said...

Great plan when you have boys....everyone wins.....mimi

Anonymous said...

Did they joust on the swings?
-Tony