Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday, a walk in the neighborhood: Sports mode, flower mode and one sunset mode

These first two pictures are from Tuesday. John and I went to go see the Golden Dragon Acrobats with Henry and his family. I made John wear a button-down shirt. The show was a lot of fun. John was skeptical at first, but he warmed up.
 Christopher had to stay home because children under three are not allowed at the theater. Plus it would have been too late for him. He was very sad.
Today, Wednesday, I took the camera with us on the neighborhood Keats walk. It was cloudy but bright around 5pm. I started in sport mode.
 Christopher gave John a helpful push up the hill.
 By this time, I switched to Flower mode. It seems to warm and brighten the colors a bit.
 Christopher scratched his knee, and liked looking at the blood.
 Here are the flowers in Flower mode. We have LOTS of azaleas in the neighborhood, and they seem to be nearing their peak.

 We also have dogwood trees.



These last two pictures are a comparison for myself. This picture is in Flower mode.
 This picture is actually in Sunset mode, which worked better, I think.
It's amazing how these cameras function! Anyone can be a decent photographer once you figure out all the modes! I'm very pleased that I'm getting much better pictures than I ever did with my little point-and-shoots! I don't have any real qualms about not knowing anything about shutter speed, f-stops, and apertures, etc., since my main goal is just getting snapshots of our quickly moving life. I'm getting better about navigating the menu and finding what I want, even if I don't know what the camera is actually doing. Of course, the hard part will be taking pictures inside...

3 comments:

Juliet said...

Also, for the record: at the request of the camera, I changed my batteries before we started Wednesday's walk. I had taken more than 350 pictures and probably 5 or 10 videos on the cheapo batteries that came with the camera.

Pa said...

Those are nice photos!
Are you using rechargeable batteries now? I like the "precharged" NiMH batteries that are becoming more common now. They are better than the older NiMH in that they don't self discharge nearly as fast.

Juliet said...

I have the enerloop rechargeables from Costco. I like them so far. The new batteries I just put in are rechargeable. We just need a place to install a battery charging station. Lately, I starting thinking about how much I like systems and how many we actually have...