Saturday, March 24, 2012

And the audience breathed a sigh of relief.

I finally got a new camera today at Costco. It's the Fuji Finepix S4500 (sort of the hybrid between the compact digital point and shoot and the digital SLR). So far it's exactly what I wanted. I can shoot movies, take pictures in "dumbass" mode, but it is just about as fast as Tony's SLR. There is not an interchangeable lens, but that's ok. There are so many features I'm sure I will never use, but they look like a lot of fun. And now all our loyal readers will finally have what they came for: more pictures of John and Christopher!

After our trip to Greenville today, including Costco, Trader Joe's and Gattiland, Henry and John needed to cut loose outdoors. We went to the small park that no one in Clemson knows is there.




Christopher had chicken nuggets and LOTS of strawberries for dinner. The head wound was acquired on the asphalt in the driveway when both boys pulled on the same broom handle in opposite directions while trying to retrieve it from under the car...

 Tony is growing out all his hair for his CU acting debut in "Proof" in mid-April.


 


 Here is the Brookwood children's co-op.

  Here are some "learning the camera" pictures that I particularly like.

Obviously I still have a lot of learning to do, but I'm very happy with the camera so far. Now I have to decide whether it's worth lugging around, since it's about three times the size of any camera I've had before. I love the 90-day return policy at Costco!

2 comments:

Pa said...

Nice work!
Now we can all look forward to your daily updates!
Tony looks magnificent with all that hair - I hope you get some pics of him in the play.

wirrek said...

Sigh