Sunday, April 3, 2011

Juliet's trophy (posted by Tony)

Do you remember the scene in A Christmas Story where the dad won a crossword puzzle contest and got a leg lamp for a trophy? Well...

Juliet ran in the Clemson Easter Bunny 5k at the Botanical Garden Saturday morning. While we were waiting at the finish line for our friends to finish the half-marathon, they announced the first-, second-, and third-place finishers of the 5k. Juliet finished 2nd in her age group (40-44)! She got a pint glass for a trophy...



On the way back to the car she described it as a major running award and herself as an award-winning runner. She also started making plans to add a running award wing to our house.

I'm never going to hear the end of this.

All joking aside, the boys, our neighbors, and I are all very proud of her!

OK, one more joke: we haven't found out yet how many runners there were in her age group.

7 comments:

Tony said...

Finally being 40 paid off!!
The last joke isn't really a joke. I hope there were at least THREE people in my group!

Jenny said...

this is soooo freaking awesome!! no joke!

way to go julie! this makes me the sister of an award winning runner. i'm so proud and excited!

Juliet said...

Kerri's mom Chris walked also, and she won first place in her group because she was the only one! Hurrah for small town races!

Christine said...

That's pretty cool, Juliet! Looks like it was fun!

Juliet said...

I finished in a time of 33:12, and I was 100th out of 148th overall.
And it looks like there 4 total runners in my age group!

Pa said...

Way to go, Julie! We're all proud and impressed with your accomplishment. And you look so good in your bunny ears!

Andee said...

Well, I am excited! Congratulations!