Monday, September 15, 2008

Brief Penna Update



All the Pennas are back in South Carolina, now that Tony made it back from Dracula-Land (Actors Theatre in Louisville, KY). Ike canceled his Sunday evening flight, but he made it back in on Monday morning without too much trouble.
John woke up from his nap at school with a fever, which subsequently went up once he got home, so we all made an unscheduled trip to see Dawn at Feiste's office. I thought strep, [BUZZ]. It was an ear infection. We got an antibiotic and a free sample of the precious Ciprodex ear drops ($40-per-1.5 milliliter bottle). I think I have FINALLY learned the lesson to start the ear drops right when he starts getting a runny nose and cough. Maybe. I'm slow like that.


John and Mommy had big fun while Daddy was out of town. Trips to the park, zoo, bagel store, and to watch the tailgating traffic. And of course, watching Thomas on Saturday and Sunday. Oh, and we had ICE CREAM on Friday afternoon with our friends Kerri, James, and Andy. I know, you're thinking I spoil John too much!

Anyway, we're all home, and starting to get back on track with "normal" lives...

3 comments:

wirrek said...

Whew! I am glad it wasn't strep!

Anonymous said...

wow - glad everyone is back together..... the fun never stops....

i'm not sure why we would think that u spoil him - i'm not sure what u r saying......i don't think he is spoiled at all....that is from a grammie point of view...

i love the picture of tony sleeping and the one of jm and all of his trains and bob the builder friends......

have a great day - i hope jm is doing much better and that u can get some work done....mom

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the photo of John with his lineup of equipment. I'm sure he's going to be an engineer!