Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our trip, part 2

The Zoo, part 1

On Monday we took DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) to the Dallas Zoo. Scheduling the rail trip was an adventure in itself, and Jessica battled valiantly with the light rail web site. But we finally got on the train, for an hour ride downtown.



When we got to the zoo, we discovered that they had pony rides, but we had to move fast to get in line before the pony stopped for her lunch break. It turned out pretty much like I thought it would, John crying "Daddy, Daddy!" as two equestriennes led him around the pony track. I'm very sad I only got one blurry picture of the whole traumatic event, but here it is:



John later found a pony that was more his style.


He also had fun petting the guinea pig and rabbit. The zookeeper was very impressed how gentle he was. All that practice with Keats paid off. Thanks, Keats!



We liked seeing the animals, and it was nice to have a larger variety than at the Greenville Zoo, but my love for the GZ was cemented, because at John's age, he doesn't need a big zoo!


I think Mimi (my mom) had the best time, because she saw landscaping everywhere that she liked and kept telling my dad "We could do this! Let's do this! This is what I want!" Which means that Pa (my dad) probably had the worst time, since it meant a whole new world of work for him in the future!

No comments: