Sunday, June 7, 2015

Ivory Household

My sister sent me a link about putting ivory soap in the microwave. She sent it at a propitious time, when I had already planned a trip to Walmart and had already started thinking in summer kid entertainment mode. So we did it today, with our friend and neighbor, James.  We took it one further and made "ghost mud" of the microwaved soap, toilet paper, and water.

 It was a hit because they actually played with it for 30-45 minutes, and James was happy to take his "eye of Cthlulu"* home with him.

 After they molded brains, balls, and a space ship, I let them add food coloring. I didn't get any pictures of that.
 Thanks for the great idea, Aunt Jenny!

*No, they aren't reading HP Lovecraft, Eye of Cthulu is a character in Terraria, which is the new Minecraft.

3 comments:

Pa said...

Yay! Glad it worked so well (the play time, not the soap fizzing.)

Creative bunch of boys!

Jenny said...

Hooray!!

You are THAT house!! (I'm still trying to achieve that status...)

Juliet said...

I think we just lucked into it because of the proximity of their "main" friends... Whatever, I'll take it. Jenny, your foresightedness gave the heads up that it was a "thing."

I actually have a "that house" post coming up!