Sunday, August 26, 2012

Breakfast picnic in bed and Play date

This morning we woke Tony up with a "breakfast in bed picnic," combining three of my favorite things!



Around 9, we had our friends Finn and Emmeline over this morning. Finn is exactly John's age, and we have known him since Episcopal Day School. Finn and John have never been in a class together (probably good for the teachers that way!), but they were in the same group at camp, I think for a week this summer...
Emmeline and Christopher go to the same school, she is a year behind him, although I think she might catch him in kindergarten. He will be one of the really old kids and she will be one of the really young ones, because of their birthdays.

Anyway, we opened up the garage, asked Finn to bring his bike and helmet, and then Tony and I puttered while they played. Tony was mostly devoted to Emmeline. He definitely has a soft spot for little girls. I got several mini-tasks completed. It was nice. I couldn't get a big block of uninterrupted time, but it was great do five-minute tasks!

This car belongs to our friends, Henry, June, and Jojo, they lent it to us while they are having their year in DC.


Here's a good session with bubbles and chalk.

After a little Geo-trax, it devolved into jumping on the bed... probably not the best parenting choice for an 18-month old with a cast on her arm... I promise that they took turns with the big boys. It worked out well.


3 comments:

Juliet said...

Just to clarify... I love breakfast, being in bed, and picnics.
Although another three things I love are Tony, John, and Christopher...

Pa said...

That was a splendid day!
You are going to win the Coolest Parents In The Neighborhood prize.

Christine said...

I second that! Cool, fun things! I love the picnic breakfast in bed idea!