Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mommy's Mud Run

Last Saturday was a big day. After we went to Fly-in, I went to the St. Francis Mud Run. Our four-person team was Becky and Kerri (veterans) and myself and our exercise class instructor friend Lee (we were both newbies).




It was blast, but my body is still recovering. The run is a 3.5 mile obstacle course given on a Marine training base. The obstacles included several 6-foot walls, an eight-foot wall, a 12-foot wall, a rope swing, mud pits that we had to crawl through, a balance beam, a 20-foot tall cargo net, a rope climbing wall, and a couple of other things you had to climb over or through. 36 obstacles total I think. It was so much fun, but I was very slow in the running bits between obstacles.
I am still sore and my legs and forearms were bruised and scratched. It was definitely a neat fitness challenge for me and a great way to spend a beautiful spring day with awesome friends!!!

4 comments:

Andee said...

Um, ouch! But I bet so much fun!

Juliet said...

Hey! Good to hear from you! You should definitely do one if you have the interest. It was a blast, but for me, probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing!

jessica v. said...

Oh my gosh! Is that Lee as in Step Class with Lee?! He's famous!

Oh, and well done, Julie.

:)

Pa said...

Very impressive, Julie! It looks like yours may have been rougher than the one Jenny did a couple years ago (?), but Jenny can elucidate. I'm awed that you have turned out so athletic!