Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Surprise!

[I'll blog this even though the majority of my audience lived it with me!]

Yesterday was my 40th birthday and it was not nearly as painful as it could have been because my family surprised me by coming for a visit!

First, on Monday morning, I drove home from the gym to see a strange car in the driveway and my mom and dad came out to greet me. Totally unexpected! Then, as we are walking into the other room talking and laughing, our big recliner spins around and my sister Jessica from England is there!! I screamed a very scary scream I was so surprised!

Then, the next day, Tuesday, my actual birthday, Jessica and I met my parents at the Olive Garden and my middle sister Jenny and my 1-year-old niece Danielle were at the table! This was also a surprise, but less so, because of some accidental slips that came up previously involving a baby car seat.

Anyway, we four girls spent the afternoon shopping for a "birthday outfit," an old family custom. Then after getting the kids to bed, friend-neighbor Becky came down and all the adults got to go to the Blue Heron for a nice child-free dinner. It was really cool to be able to go out with my folks, since usually they are sitting for us so we can go out.

Jessica, Jenny, and Danielle stayed at our house and we all reunited here this morning, before they all headed back to Dallas via Atlanta. Jessica flies back to England on Monday.
It's been the best birthday ever!

3 comments:

Andee said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Juliet said...

Thanks! It's been many years since I've been excited by my birthday, and I'm glad that this somewhat depressing one has been so great!!

Christine said...

Yay! Those are awesome surprises!! I'm so glad everyone pulled that off for you! You deserve it!