Monday, January 25, 2010

Here's a bunch of stuff

Sorry I've been lax... Two kids are exponentially more time-consuming than one. Especially when one is John.



John fell asleep yesterday watching "Cars." This was really cute until I picked him up and he had a fever of 102°.


Our new favorite dessert is pumpkin pudding. It's really good and easy. We have done it using butterscotch and cheesecake pudding. Both were great!



We played "Rock Band" the other day with BFF James and Andy. "Frosty the Snowman," "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," and "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain" were on the playlist. I really wish the videogame makers would create a "Toddler Rock Band." You could hit any note on any beat and it would still go on... just make the music. I can think of a lot of GenX'ers who would buy that for their kids!



These are not particularly good pictures of Christopher, but he seems to have inherited my non-photogenic gene... or I just have bad camera timing.

7 comments:

Tony said...

Regarding Juliet's anti-photogenic gene, I discovered the other day that not only does she blink whenever her picture is taken, she also blinks when she takes a picture!

Jenny said...

can't wait to try the pumpkin dessert...i was at walmart today and got the ingredients. and btw, did you know the pumpkin part is very healthy too!

Juliet said...

That's why its a dessert I encourage John to eat!!

Christine said...

I think it is a great way to sneak in vegetables. I am trying to get nine a day, and that is hard!!

You need to suggest this "Toddler Rock Band" idea! I think you should get a kick-back for it!

And, I think both boys look really cute. I love Christopher's little chubby cheeks!

jessica v. said...

So for the dessert, do you just make the instant pudding and add pumpkin to it? Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Juliet said...

1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg, or other of your choice)
Use evaporated milk instead of regular (I don't know if that makes a difference or not)
But yes, it's instant pudding with pumpkin added.

jessica v. said...

Ok, I'll have to try it. They've started stocking pumpkin puree at a store near me (finally). I still haven't found instant pudding (they have something close, called which they call custard, which I guess would work) but I'll see what I can do...